Brewvet Season is the brainchild of portajohn and DrinkCraftBeer.com. The idea is simple: ride your bike, drink beer, rinse, repeat.
OK, there's a little more to it than that. Since the Brewvet concept is based on randonneuring, there have to be rules, paperwork, etc. See DrinkCraftBeer.com for details, but the basic gist is:
- Ride to a brewery or pub and have a beer.
- Keep track of the rides & beers on a supplied form.
- Log at most one beer per day.
- There are 9 beer categories (local, IPA, porter, exploring, macro, etc). Log at least 7 of the 9 categories.
- There's no minimum ride distance, but all rides should total at least 100K (~62 miles).
- Be social -- blog about it, tweet about it, instagram about it, whatever.
- Complete the 12 rides by July 14.
Fortunately, I live within easy biking distance of a number of small (and some not-so-small) breweries, so I will not suffer from a lack of choice. The real problem may be in deciding which 12 to visit.
Some the nearby places I will almost certainly visit include:
Plus numerous pubs, taprooms, etc.
Ride more, beer more!